What You Need to Know about Two-Tone Painting Kitchen Cabinets
Did you know that your kitchen cabinet can do more than store your utensils and other knick-knacks? You can make your cabinets and cupboard the centerpieces of your kitchen area!
One effective way is by choosing the right paint color that will match your kitchen’s overall theme. Speaking of paint, you can hire professional painters in Westhaven TN for your interior and exterior paint job needs!
Two-toning your kitchen cabinets
Painting is one of the cheapest and most practical ways of giving new life to cabinets, furniture, and walls. Want to make your kitchen cabinets eye-catching? Then paint them with a two-tone finishing.
This is not your usual painting job. Painting it with a two-tone finish can enhance the overall look of your cabinet including the frames, doors, and grooves. The good news is that two-toning your kitchen cabinets is not as expensive as you might think. You can DIY this one, or call in the experts to do the job for you.
A two-tone finish can do wonders for all types of kitchen. For one, contrasting color can add depth and an illusion of space to a small kitchen. A two-tone finish can also add aesthetic appeal, especially to large kitchens.
How to paint a kitchen cabinet with a two-tone finish
Add life to your kitchen area with a two-tone paint finish on your kitchen cabinets. Take note that two-tone painting your kitchen cabinets can be time-consuming. Of course, this should be understandable if you want the best results.
You also need to wait for at least 24 hours to let the first paint coat dry before the next one. Make sure to remove loose paintbrush hairs before starting the painting project. Here are the next steps to get you started!
- Use a screwdriver to remove the cabinet doors and other parts. Make sure to label the separated parts so you will know where to put them back after the painting project.
- Check the cabinet surfaces for any cracks or holes. If there are some, repair it using wood filler. Let it dry before sanding it so that the paint will adhere more easily.
- Use TSP or trisodium phosphate to clean the kitchen cabinet surface. Wear gloves and other protective gear when working with TSP as it is toxic to health.
- Use a cloth rag to apply the de-glosser to the kitchen cabinet surface. Use painter’s tape to cover all the areas near the cabinet that you don’t want to accidentally splatter paint on.
- Start painting! Try using different paintbrushes and rollers to make sure that all surfaces are covered. Let the first paint layer dry first before applying the next coat.
- After completing and drying the one side, proceed to the other one.
- Once both sides are already painted, reattach all of the cabinet parts. Stare and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!
Two-toning your kitchen cabinets can be one of your best decisions for home improvement. Doing so won’t take a huge chunk of your budget, and you can let your creativity shine! But for a more professional-looking painting job, let the experts take over! Contact the best painters in Westhaven TN today!